Friday, May 24, 2013

New things...

 I've got so many things to list this weekend.  Some earrings...
These above are listed.  I think I got the really great wood beads in one of the old exchange boxes.  Maybe that old mesh on the first ones as well. 
 Some more interstellar beads...
 Black glitter nuggets...
Yet more interstellars.  I keep messing around with them trying to get a solid technique down.
 More of the altered heishi.  This is about my third-next-to-last strand.  It's funny, when I don't have any ready or listed, I get a ton of convos asking for them.  When there is one listed with no reserve, it seems like it just sits in the shop and bakes.  But there's one available now with no reserve...
Some more of the two-holed disc dyed bone beads...
 Some great vintage golden thread (anyone know what material this likely is?  I have a huuuuge bagful of these spools I got at an estate sale.)
And look at these great old lampwork beads.  Super rustic with wobbly big holes and non-uniform rondelle shapes, amazing goldish opaline inclusions.  Taken from a vintage necklace with no markings.

Is everyone having a coldish, wet Memorial Day weekend?  That's what it's like here--but the nice thing is that the air is super, super fresh smelling and feeling.

3 comments:

  1. Your thread is most likely either rayon or nylon. A burn test will tell: if rayon, ash forms; if nylon, a bead. It could be silk, too, but if it is silk, it will be difficult to tell from rayon. Good luck! It's a lovely color and would make beautiful tassels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, you're so smart. I should have known there was a way to tell. I have it listed as a probable nylon/rayon/cotton blend, but I'll do the test. My instinct is that it will form ash vs. a bead. It does feel somewhat silk-like but I have some old thread I knwo for sure is silk and this doesn't seem to be on par with it. I'll test it tonight! Thanks again...

      Delete
  2. yeah its cuz when its listed, they want it but they see the price and decide they dont want it. happens to me all the time. love the interstellars. love the white glass!

    ReplyDelete